EDUCATION & TRAINING
The Education and Training section emphasises educational attainment among Malaysian Indian children and youths with importance given towards the achievement of balance in knowledge, skills as well as morality. The students’ aspirations should be built around six primary attributes: ethics and spirituality, leadership skills, national identity, language proficiency, thinking skills and knowledge.
The scope of the education in MITRA includes matters pertaining preschools, tamil schools as well as skills and training aspects
Primary School Education
Secondary School Education
Special Education & Training
Life Long Learning
Education Facility & Infrastructure
Education Scholarship & Loans
- Ensure satisfactory performance of B40 children in literacy and numeracy as well as striving at UPSR and SPM results are at least on par with the national average within 10 years.
- Ensure at least 30% increase in enrolment and graduation from tertiary institutions including TVET among B40 youth within 10 years.
- Ensure Malaysian Indian children aged 4-6 years, regardless of income and documentation status, receive child care or early education within 5 years.
- Ensure performance gaps of SJKT vs. SRK and SJKC in literacy, numeracy and UPSR subjects pass rates are closed within 10 years.
- Ensure performance gaps in PT3 and SPM of Indian students vs. their peers are closed within 10 years.
- Enable and facilitate at least 10% Indian enrolment in all government colleges and university, polytechnics and other tertiary education institutions without compromising the entry standard within 10 years